"An interesting hotel in old city Golden Dar hotel" Sanaa Things to Do Tip by abdul200

Sanaa Things to Do: 43 reviews and 100 photos

e company I was touring with, YemenTrek.com, put me in the Golden Daar Hotel for my brief stay in Sana'a between my time in the Haraz Mountains and Socotra. Tucked in Old Sana'a, next door to the Sana'a Nights Hotel, and a couple blocks from both the Arabia Felix and Dawood Hotels, the Golden Daar was a pleasant surprise. Ignore what Lonely Planet writes about this place. The Golden Daar turned out to be one of the best places I stayed in, with an extremely friendly and helpful staff, clean room, clean bathroom, and quiet. It is a typical tower house with a relatively small staircase to reach all floors.

The room was decently sized with two twin beds and an attached private bathroom. The beds had clean sheets on them, were not too hard, and had soft pillows. The floor was carpeted with a standard, thin carpet seen in most hotels in Yemen. The room was located on the second floor, though still very quiet considering its proximity to the street.

The bathroom was one of the best I had in all of Yemen (for my budget). It was extremely clean, well-maintained (the manager actually came in my room to upgrade a sink part while I was there, even though nothing was broken), had hot water, a sit-down flush toilet, and new tile work.

Though there is no advertised internet availability here, just ask the manager if there is any internet available and he will most likely let you use his office internet connection...for free, no questions asked.

I departed the Golden Daar Hotel at a painful 3 o'clock in the morning. At this hour, the front door is locked. But with the hotel manager sleeping in the lounge next to the front desk, he will gladly wake up to let you out... Additionally, if your ride is late (as was mine), the manager will call your ride to make sure you get to where you are going.

Rooms start at about $20 per night. It is about 20 minutes away from the airport, and within walking distance of anything in Old Sana'a. There is a shared courtyard with Sana'a Nights Hotel that serves breakfast and other meals, though I did not use it as my time there was very short.

If I were to ever return to Sana'a and in need of a good hotel at cheap price, the Golden Daar would be my first choice.

Address: yemen sanaa old city
Directions: Dar Hotel is a traditional typical tower house Golden
situated on the old city of Sana?a harat talha 'zone'

Phone: 009671287220