"odd that no one eats crabs" Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Local Custom Tip by richiecdisc
Galápagos Islands Local Customs: 24 reviews and 27 photos
With all the good sized crabs running around Puerto Ayora, we thought it odd that no restaurants offered them to eat. We asked one of our guides and he said that while it's not offically allowed that locals did eat them. Of course, this was all off the record. They certainly didn't seem endangered but I guess if people eat them when they aren't allowed that it could become a problem is it was!
At any rate, it's fun watching the scurry around the lava rocks with the greatest of ease.
More Local Customs in Galápagos Islands (1)
More Reviews (52)
- keep your eyes open
- confirm, confirm, confirm
- when the sun goes down
- fresh fish anyone
- go wide, go long
- check your snorkel before you leave
- by all means get in the water!
- See All one penguin for the road, please
- so where is my $100 going anyway?
- See All you'll need to get used to boats
- See All right on the beach, in a jungle
- See All great local baked goods
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels