"go wide, go long" Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Packing List Tip by richiecdisc
Galápagos Islands What to Pack: 25 reviews and 21 photos
Luggage and bags: A backpack comes in handy if you want to walk from the dock to town in places like Villamil, Isabella. In general, it frees you up and you don't have to depend on a ride. If you can't carry it on your back, don't bring it. ;)
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: You'll need layers in the Galapagos. The weather changes without much warning. It can be hot one minute and cold the next. And wet too so bring rain gear. Good walking shoes are a must and good walking sandals maybe even more so for doing the rocky bits that seem to surround many of the nicest watering holes.
Photo Equipment: A wide angle lets you capture to big expanses that are the Galapagos archipelago hallmark. While the wildlife does come up close and you can get good shots without one, a good zoom is the difference between close and in that baby's head.
More Reviews (53)
- keep your eyes open
- confirm, confirm, confirm
- when the sun goes down
- See All odd that no one eats crabs
- fresh fish anyone
- check your snorkel before you leave
- by all means get in the water!
- See All one penguin for the road, please
- so where is my $100 going anyway?
- See All you'll need to get used to boats
- See All right on the beach, in a jungle
- See All great local baked goods
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels