"A Good hotel in Bangalore" St. Mark's Tip by doclee

St. Mark's, Bangalore: 847 reviews and 0 photos

We spent 1 night in St Mark's Hotel in March 2008. We found it more than adequate to our needs (nearly but not quite Geriatric). It cost us 6100 rupees for the night.
When making the booking several months earlier Management had advised us that maintenance work would be in progress and their might be some disruption. However, there was only a bit of hammering noise whilst we were there. I mention this as the possibility of inconvenience could have been kept from us in case it had deterred us from making the booking, but the the management behaved with total honesty and was upfront with the information to their potential disadvantage.
We found all staff (Reception, Restaurant and House-Keeping) to be genuinely friendly and helpful. Check-in and out was efficient and atraumatic.
The restaurant was very good with a wide range of Indian and Westernised food and could not be faulted.
Only the Bar was a disappointment, but we could live with that.
It is not a flamboyant hotel designed for the tourist with all those trappings, but is more in the nature of a business hotel which provides a more than adequate service.
I have no experience of other hotels in Bangalore, but if I <u>had</> to stay in Bangalore again I would have no hesitation in choosing the St Mark's Hotel again.

Address: 4/1 St.Marks Road, Bangalore, India
Phone: 0091 990 1919 125
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.stmarkshotel.com

• Updated Mar 30, 2008

doclee's Related Pages

“People are more interesting than magnificent vistas”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Bangalore?