"stay away, a shadow of its former self march 08" The Shore Club South Beach Tip by nfacchi

The Shore Club South Beach, Miami Beach: 2,977 reviews and 3 photos

OK here is a copy of an email i sent to the shoreclub, morgans group. i stayed in their room king bed on march 14 - 17, 2008. read below because is important to know that this hotel is a total dump. dont bother with it, i know i wont go there ever again.

Dear sir/madam:

my husband and i have stayed at several Morgans hotels (Royalton, Delano, Sanderson, San Martins Lane, Hudson, ect) and i have never had any complaints until now. I booked a room alone for the weekend (arrival friday, departure monday) and i was put in the worst room i have ever stayed in: room 506, RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR. there shouldnt even be a room next to the elevator because on weekends all you get in traffic and high noise and i was not once had been able to sleep without hearing drunk people yelling and screeming at 4 am. my girlfriend who stayed in a similar room didnt faired much better either. she was also very upset.

your outdoor areas leave a lot to be desired. i have never seen dirtier lounge chairs on the beach, they are eroded and FULL OF STAINS FROM FOOD AND OTHER NASTY STUFF. your beach was dirty, from plates from people who had eaten and left and no one cared to clean it up. it takes up to an hour to get a drink so most people including myself got everything from the truck next to your beach, you are surely losing a lot of money on business because everyone is eating from the truck due to your lack of service on the beach.
also the umbrellas have seen better days and are all stained and disgusting.

the outdoor patio which at night looks very nice, during the day just looks terrible. old blue chipping paint, old, over-washed linens and pillows.. is this your idea of a nice resort? the ago restaurant food is simply disgusting even if the staff is nice, i dont go there for the staff, i go there to eat. a total let down.

your pool area guard was really rude when i couldnt produce my guest card right away, even thought he had seem me there for three days, he grabbed me by the arm and told me to go get my card.... that is not a way to treat a lady.

your pool area is painfully over-crowded, i know you want to make a buck,but is terrible that you let so many "$20 a bed guests come in. and dont say thats not true because i spoke with some of those guests curious of how they had gotten in.

the floor in the room was so dirty (i know is cement but still, i know dirt when i feel it) that when i walked barefoot i had to wash my feet. and that was the first day i arrived... a very dirty floor.

my room had a view to your garbage disposal area: you guys have a lot of nerve.

you have just lost a very loyal customer in me, i will make sure my husband NEVER AGAIN books us in any of your so called hotels. to be honest, yours is just in a very sad descent from what you used to be... its amazing that you have let this hotel fall bellow the standards of a holiday inn.

ah and to top it all off i went to your gym and there wasnt even soap and shampoo to wash myself off.... your hotel isnt worth the $525 a day i forked over for the pig box your call a room.

the ONLY good thing in your hotel is the concierge. Tomas and his crew were the only people that made my stay "bearable" but trust me, you will never see the lights of me at any of your hotels.

Unique Qualities: the only good thing about this place is the concierge.

Address: 1901 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 305-695-3100
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.morganshotelgroup.com/originals/originals-shore-club-south-beach?cid=2010SCHBLTRIP

• Written Mar 25, 2008

“veni, vidi, buy!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Miami Beach?