VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Brasserie Carnac: "Strange feeling..." De Haan Restaurant Tip by kaykay107

De Haan Restaurants: 7 reviews and 5 photos

I just came back from De Haan. I've been there together with my wife and my 3 year old daughter.
We had dinner in the restaurant named 'Brasserie Carnac', located in the center of De Haan.

I ordered a rib-eye steak, my wife had crab salad and my daughter had spaghetti bolognese.

To make it short:

My steak (ordered medium!) wasn't even rare...it was raw. Inedible from my point of view.

The spaghetti bolognese were ordered like Spaghetti and sauce seperated.
That seemd to be a big problem for them because spaghetti and sauce were served together (mixed) although we really asked for it to be seperated. It'll remain a secret for me why it's been sich a big challenge for the cook or whoever prepared it.

The salad of my wife was ok. At least one dinner as wished.

Summary: Totally unsatisfying, at least when you take a look at the price- 23€ for a ribeye steak (estimated 250g, RAW, and a handful of fries...no trace of salad or something...oh yeah... the salad was there in terms of decoration *g*) and only a 'sorry' for the steak being raw and no words about the spaghetti.
Expected much more :S

Address: Driftweg 6
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Updated Mar 25, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to De Haan?