Gaucho Richmond: "Gaucho Richmond - Argentinian steak" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Restaurant Tip by sue_stone

Richmond Restaurants: 93 reviews and 292 photos

Lunch

Lunch
  • Gaucho Richmond - Argentinian steak - Richmond
      Inside Gaucho Richmond
      The remains of the wine
      Gaucho wine
    by sue_stone

As we weren't going away for Easter, I decided that a nice lunch was in order on Easter Sunday - and what's nicer than a big juicy steak and a couple of glasses of ballsy read wine! With that in mind, a visit to Gaucho in Richmond was in order.

For those not familiar with Gaucho (aka Gaucho Grill), they are a classy chain of Argentinian steak restaurants. Having eaten at the Piccadilly branch a couple of years earlier, I must confess that I wasn't a huge fan - at that visit my steak had been disappointing and the service pretty bad. But I headed to the Richmond branch with a positive attitude, hoping for a good Gaucho experience.

Service was friendly from arrival, and we were seated at a comfy table with distant views of the river. Loved the décor, especially the cow-hide covered walls and leather chairs. The steak board was presented, where they show you the various cuts of steak on offer and explain the differences.

Favorite Dish: We both opted for the Rib-eye. I chose the 300g, while Alex chose the 400g, along with sides of thin hand-cut chips and some Humitas (pureed corn dish with way too much garlic). My steak was delicious - more medium rare than the requested medium, with that melt-in-your-mouth quality that you want in your rib-eye. Unfortunately Alex's steak wasn't so good - it was good quality, but had a pan fried taste to it and didn't melt like mine did. A bottle of Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon was an excellent accompaniment to our meal.

At the waitresses recommendation, we shared the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake for dessert. Delicious, but very rich, I'm glad we were sharing. We didn't linger there over coffee, but headed home for a cuppa and some more Easter eggs.

Address: The Towpath, Richmond Riverside, Richmond TW10 6UT
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Nearest Tube/Train: Richmond
Phone: 020 8948 4030
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 3
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant.php?id=richmond

• Updated Mar 23, 2008

Comments

sue_stone Lives Here!

Have you been to Richmond?