"Where is my fridge?" Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Tip by JojelavaVT

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas: 16,534 reviews and 55 photos

To say I was excited about this hotel...would be an understatement. It was my first trip to Las Vegas this past weekend and through a friend's work we were able to hook up a sweet deal for a Friday and Saturday night at the Planet Hollywood Resort (for those of you Vegas-veterans this used to be the Aladdin). I must say when we first arrived I was pretty impressed, its grandeur face-lift matched the scape of the strip perfectly. The front desk was attentive and very accommodating (we asked if there was a chance for a last minute upgrade, and with a smile the woman behind the counter made out suite a junior suite-- for free!!). The room itself was beautiful (a bit on the smaller side) but with a great view of the strip and a plasma tv, huge tub, double vanity-style sinks, and a work area (not that we were planning on using that :)). With that said-- the disappoints were the following-- no mini bar, no fridge ( I REPEAT NO FRIDGE...come on people, Im paying 300+ a night here), and again the space wasnt as much as two ladies with their entire wardrobes could have hoped for. Overall the rooms were nice.

The elevators however were TOP NOTCH. Yes I know that sounds wierd. But imagine you have had a few too many cocktails and you have to ride 19 floors to your room... and there is it-- a plasma tv nestled in the ceiling for your enjoyment... I mean I could have curled up and slept there had my friend not suggested otherwise.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if only because the price is amazing for the location and overall its a pretty nice place to pass out after all the shenanigans.

Unique Qualities: The energy of the place is a nice combination of Vegas fun but also a bit more chill than other options (from what I hear). The pool scene is def on the mellow side, so for those of you not looking to come back MORE exhausted from your weekend getaway then when you left for it-- this might be a good balance.

Address: 3667 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 891
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Right smack IN THE MIDDLE of the Strip. :) Very nice.
Phone: 702-785-5555
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.planethollywood.com/

• Written Mar 20, 2008

“Get Moving...”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Las Vegas?