bel mondo: "Sydney's best kept secret!" Bel Mondo Tip by xyzabcde

Bel Mondo, Sydney: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I go to Sydney about four times a year. Last time I read a review which said this was Sydney's best kept secret; it was! Hard to find but you go through the Rocks (the old part of Sydney), up the Argyle steps onto a little lane called Gloucester Walk and it's there! Like an old warehouse, old beams but very stylish and an open kitchen. Fantastic food, very smart crowd - mostly locals. We had a fantastic meal (girl friend and me) with great service and a really friendly staff. Expensive but worth it; we had three courses and wine; total bill was $190; they gave us great advice on the wine; we said we didn't know much about Australian wine; the maitre d' recommended a bottle which was $48 - one of the cheapest on the list! Absolutely the best views - straight at the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House. Just great people there - not in any of the guide books. This is like Australia itself - best kept secret!

Favorite Dish: I had duck - twice cooked, in a rich sauce - just delicious. My girlfriend had the beef - best she had on the whole trip including the hotel restaurant.

Address: bel mondo, Gloucester Walk, The Rocks, Sydney
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the centre of The Rocks district.
Phone: (02) 9241 3700
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Mar 19, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.