"Catch a sunset over the floating village" Khett Siem Reab Off The Beaten Path Tip by cmarsek

Khett Siem Reab Off The Beaten Path: 62 reviews and 121 photos

I will agree with previous mentions that the Floating Village is not what you would call 'exciting', but it is certainly interesting to see. Actually, I much more enjoyed the drive along the dusty road to the floating village more than I enjoyed the boat ride itself.

Any tuktuk driver can bring you. You will be a ticket from the gov. before approaching the village and be given a boat. My gf and I had our own private boat for the price (don't remember the price now though).

If you choose to go, there is a nearby hilltop temple which is a wonderful vantage point for a view of the sunset on the watery world below you. It was quite nice and I highly recommend it if 1) you go to the village 2) conditions are right 3) you enjoy sunsets.

We were the only people on the hill top for the sunset so it also had a romantic feel to it, which was very nice. There was a good rainshower about an hour before, which probably kept others away.

We had our driver's services for three days and he timed our experience just right so we could catch the sunset without a lot of wasted time waiting for it to happen. Tell the driver what you would like and see what they say.

• Written Mar 19, 2008

“Everything happens for a reason and in the end it happens for the best”

Have you been to Khett Siem Reab?