"YHA" YHA Liverpool Tip by LJ_isthewalrus

YHA Liverpool, Liverpool: 226 reviews and 1 photos

The YHA is advertised as a youth hostel, but in my opinion is suitable for travelers of all ages. For a decent price (especially in comparison to other hotels/hostels), you get a good shower - ensuite! - and friendly service. I arrived around 10am, and I was allowed to put my baggage in a luggage room until I could check into my room around 2:00pm. The room seemed to be in good repair, and had lockers you could use to store your luggage. However, these lockers do require your own padlock to use! (Or you can purchase one for 2.50 at reception). Since I had an early flight, I had to leave around 5am, and they packed a breakfast for me since I wouldn't be able to have the breakfast buffet. It was a couple rolls/croissants, jam, butter, and honey, as well as a piece of fruit and a juice box.

The hostel was a short walk to Albert Dock, and only ten or so minutes walking from the city centre and most of the main attractions. There was a common lounge with books and a TV, but on the whole, the hostel seemed more like a place for people looking for a good night's sleep rather than those looking for a party.

Unique Qualities: Internet for 1 pound for 15 minutes, 2 pounds for 30. Security gate surrounding the building.

Address: 25 Tabley Street, Wapping, Liverpool, England L1 8
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: liverpool@yha.org.uk
Phone: +44 151 709 8888
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/north-west-cities/hostels/liverpool/index.aspx

• Updated Mar 18, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Liverpool?