Bucca di Beppo: "Avoid the grief of Bucca di Beppo" Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant Tip by Cruiseone2003

Here's the problem I have had with Buca di Beppo on Howard st. They are rude; you'd think a restaurant that deals with groups would know how to handle groups? Well, this place doesn't and because of the horrible treatment my friends and I got from BDP I swore I would never go there again!
I was given gift certificates from my employer for Chritmas and wanted to take my friends out for dinner. We were told by the host we would have to wait for a table for about 60 minutes one friday evening, which we were ok with. We were told to wait at the bar, no body in the group wanted a drink and there is no other place to wait except out on the street. I said we will walk to the Metreon just a block away, asked the host to call us if the table was going to be ready earlier and we'd be back in 5 minutes. He was not willing to go the extra mile and make a call. We come back 45 minutes later only to find out our table was available 30minutes after we left. Ok, fine, now at this point the Maitre'd should have put us on the top of the waiting list right? He put us at the bottom and said there would be a 90 minute wait. I tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't listen. We left BDP and took our money to another restaurant that knew how to treat a customer and I traded my gift certs in for another company and used them else where too.

Hopefully things have changed at BDP but why take that chance when you have many other great choices to choose from in San Francisco?

Favorite Dish: It's certainly not the Host!

Address: 855 Howard Street
Directions: SOMA District down the street from Moscone Center
Phone: (415) 543-7673
Rating: 1
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com

• Updated Mar 15, 2008

Cruiseone2003 Lives Here!

“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles (Tim Cahill)”

Have you been to San Francisco?