"Die Fischpfanne" Hamburg Restaurant Tip by tini58de

Lotsenteller
      Lotsenteller
      the menu
    by tini58de

This place is of high nostalgic value to me - and every time I return to Hamburg with hubby, we go there! This place has recently been renovated, which sometimes does not do a location a real favor, but they did it in a way that is quite nice!

The staff is really friendly and the food is absolutely yummy! The Fischpfanne is known for the delicious "Fischbrötchen", rolls with smoked fish, which is something you can even order "to go" and enjoy while strolling along the Landungsbrücken.

Favorite Dish: For years we have been ordering the "Bratkartoffeln mit Matjes" (fried potatos with matjes herring), but apparently they changed the menu and took it off the menu - too bad! But no worries, last time we tried the "Lotsenteller" - a selection of smoked fish. It still makes my mouth water to just think of it... Just look at the pictures and you might get an idea of what I am talking about! You get bread to go along with it, but we asked for an extra side dish of Bratkartoffeln (which was not on the menu, but they just made it happen....)

highly recommended!

Address: Bei den Sankt-Pauli-Landungsbrücken 6, Hamburg
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: down by the Landungsbrücken between Brücke 5 and Brücke 6
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Mar 16, 2008

Comments

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Have you been to Hamburg?