"Louise-Marie: The smallest, not the ugliest" Top 5 Page for this destination Groenplaats - Green Square Tip by Norali

Groenplaats - Green Square, Antwerp: 39 reviews and 49 photos

Here I was this morning watching a Tv program on home design, interiors. For some reason, I've been aware, these weeks, that this French TV on the cable sometimes airs programs produced by RTL-TVI (Belgian, French-speaking media group). Off course, something Belgian uses to tick my interest, esp. if it's about Belgian food, home design, interiors, fashion... So, it has become with great expectation that I wait for this program. Most often, if it's Belgian, I'd stick to the canal, else I may wait for awhile to see whether it really interests me, select and switch canal if needed. lol
Today, amongst other subjects, they introduced the smallest house in Antwerp. They talked about some odd dimension: 2.6m width and showed the small facade. Already, I was curious about how to fit in there, how they did. Then, the visit of the interior. Gosh! Charming! Seen on my screen, it didn't seem that small. Mostly, it was wonderfully restaured and furbished. Romantic with varying theme for each bedroom (4 in total!).

The "human-size dollhouse", as it was dubbed, bearing the name of Louise-Marie (spouse of a French King), its owner explained it had to live up to its... name. No wonder they favoured rich velvet on some furniture, pastel shades, great attention to details like Lys motives on materials. Romantic but not too much. Hate it when a house interior is too of a style. Here, it was elegant, balanced and made to fit the narrowness without conveying claustrophobia. I was even more impressed when, at the end of the program, the presenter listed 90 sq.m spread over 4 storeys with 4 bedrooms, one living-room, 1 bathroom (classic and refined, from I could see) and 1 kitchen. Didn't know whether it's open for visit. Didn't know the exact location, except that it is off Groenplaats.

Last resort: the net. There, I saw the address I post below and other info. The pic you see of the dining table doesn't make justice to Louise-Marie, imho. The bedrooms are wow!
Most important, it is a Holiday Home (from Antwerpen city website), so it doesn't matter whether it is open for visit or not, one thing is sure, you could rent it & stay there during your visit to the city. A big advantage: its location in the heart of the city.

Address: Ijzeren Waag 7 - 2000 Antwerpen
Directions: Off Groenplaats, Antwerpen
othercontact: louise-marie@freegates.be
Phone: +32 (0)476 906 528
Website: http://www.antwerpen.be/eCache/BEN/16/394.cmVjPTYxODk.html

• Updated Mar 5, 2008

Comments

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Antwerp?