"DONT STAY HERE" Telluride Lodge Tip by snowboard34

Telluride Lodge, Telluride: 30 reviews and 0 photos

Upon my arrival, the spacious room was very inviting, not to mention the beautiful view of Telluride Mountain. However, my vacation went from good to bad the next morning at the sounds of hammers, circular saws, etc. Construction on the condo beneath took place everyday of my vacation from 8AM to 6PM. Although this was not too problematic considering the ski slopes opened at 9AM, the problems arouse when the water to our condo was temporarily shut off. At 8AM, a plumber knocked on our door to inform us that he was going to shut the water off in an hour. Astounded, I went to the telluride office to complain. The management assured us that the plumber was not given permission to do so and if he had been, he would only have up to an hour to cut the supply of water to our condo. However, after flushing the toilet, a loud knock was heard on the door to our condo. The plumber yelled irately using profane words in an attempt to assert his false-sense of authority. The water to our condo was turned off at 9AM. Immediately, I went to the office to complain about this huge inconvenience and burden on the start of my busy day to explore the town of telluride. The management at the office was unsympathetic and inconsiderate. The water to our condo was not turned back on until after 1PM that day. It turned out that the management lied about the one hour rule without water. The office and maintenance management was extremely disorganized and unwilling to assume responsibility for the water issue. At 4PM, the Police Marshall, building owner and some other authority figures entered into our room to escort us off the property. Apparently, the management had complained to the building owner about us claiming that we were rude to the plumber and telluride lodge management. Although after pleas the owner allowed us to stay, the whole situation was very astounding. When the management realized they were at fault and in attempt to secure their sinecure jobs, they complained to the building owner about us. In the end, our condo was without water for around 4 hours, the management provided no compensation, and blame was placed on the customer. Never again in my life will I stay at Telluride Lodge and I strongly advise any potential customers to choose a different place to stay.

Address: 747 West Pacific Street, , Telluride, Colorado 814
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 970 728 4400
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.telluridelodging.com/telluride-telluride-lodge

• Written Mar 3, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Telluride?