Zona Rosa: "Some modern, some hip and a little real Mexico" Mexico City Nightlife Tip by melosh

Mexico City Nightlife: 116 reviews and 87 photos

The Zona Rosa is a famous area for nightlife in Mexico City. It is not really a bad place to stay, but there is tackiness, noise and nightlife. Still many of the bars, restaurants and clubs are upscale international quality appealing to Mexican and foreign tourists. Periodically over the years, there have been generally successful projects to improve the street appeal of the area --Apparently there is one on going at this time (March 08)-- but during the day there continues to be a little hangover feel. This disappears by nightfall.

On one of my recent visits:

Myself and several buddies were walking along one nice street in the Zona Rosa when we were approached by a couple good looking prostitutes who invited us to enjoy some of real Mexico. When we declined explaining that we had no money for sex, they countered stating that they did accept Visa.

I guess that I should not have been surprised, this is the same place where cell phones have replaced pistolas in the holsters of mariachi band members.

When I think of the Zona Rosa, I think of this mix of some modern, some hip and a little bit of real Mexico.

Theme: Nightclub

• Written Mar 3, 2008

Comments

melosh

“If you have not been, you can not know.”

Have you been to Mexico City?