"Airport Penguins" Christchurch Local Custom Tip by ATXtraveler
Christchurch Local Customs: 42 reviews and 46 photos
Since Christchurch is the official launching point to Antarctica, it would only be normal for the local mascot of the ChCh airport to be the penguin! This fun animal is there to greet you once you make it past customs, so make sure you get your camera ready for this quick snapshot!
I think this penguin is actually a part of the International Antarctic Centre team, so he may not be here every time, but make sure to be on the look out for him anyway!
More Local Customs in Christchurch (1)
More Reviews (33)
- Feral Pigs
- See All Take a Hike!
- See All Head them off at The Pass... Arthur's...
- Monteith's on Tap...
- August Packing List
- See All Camelot in Christchurch?
- See All Canterbury Provincial Rugby
- See All Discount Rugby Gear
- See All ChristChurch Cathedral
- See All Maori Warrior Face
- See All Best Deal in Christchurch
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels