Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel Miami-South Beach: "South Beach's Doubletree" Florida Hotel Tip by ATXtraveler

Florida Hotels: 167 reviews and 149 photos

I've now stayed at this hotel twice in my life, and both times were excellent representations of beach living. Since I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member, I have the opportunity for a hotel room upgrade each time I check in, and this time was no exception. I received probably the best room in the hotel, which is a suite with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. It would have been big enough to hold a party on if I had enough friends, yet cozy enough inside to not feel like you were swimming in the ocean of a room.

The suite itself had a nice king size bed, but the view is what people would normally pay top dollar for. The facility at this Doubletree is very nice, with a huge swimming pool out in the back area, between the rooms and the beach. After the pool but before the beach is a nice paved walking/biking/rollerblading track which leads up the entire beach, and finally a life-guarded beach that was absolutely beautiful.

Overall, the suite upgrade made my stay great, but the hotel would have received top marks even if I was just in a normal room.

Address: 1717 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: From Miami Intl :take 836 east to 395 East,drive all the way to Collins Ave,make a left ,drive all the way till you get to 17th Street.Once you pass 17th Street, we are the 2nd Hotel on the right hand side
Phone: 1-305-532-7715
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Written Feb 29, 2008

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Have you been to Florida?