"GRAB YOU SLEDS, YOUR SKATES YOUR SKIIS" Middletown Things to Do Tip by moiraistyx

Middletown Things to Do: 4 reviews and 17 photos

people going up the tubing hill
      people going up the tubing hill
    by moiraistyx
      patrick survivng a massive wipeout
    by moiraistyx

Most of friends know me well enough to know that if there is outdoor fun to be had, I know exactly where to go to find it. So this past Saturday, I talked Rich and all the boys into going tubing and sledding out at Orange County Park. We were not disappointed. I had been there in the past with Patrick to go sledding, and had an absolute blast, but this time we were going tubing. Well when I got there I was promptly informed that the tubing sessions are timed and that this session was officially sold out. Good thing I had packed the sleds. So Patrick and I went in search of Rich and the boys who had already gotten their tubing tickets. Oh well another time. The sledding hill is so much fun and unlike tubing its free. Patrick went down the hill at one point and did a full 360 degree flip/wipeout. It was soooooo funny. I should add that my very first and only downhill skiing experience was here. I ended up hurting myself on a patch of ice so I never tried again. They no longer offer downhill skiing but still have cross-country skiing. Check out the website for the tubing schedule and fees, usually $10 per person, so this can be expensive, just remember skiing, skating and sledding are all free. Be prepared for parking to be a royal pain in the behind.

Address: 211 Route 416, Montgomery 12549
Directions: From route 84, take 211 toward Montgomery, make a right onto route 416, follow the signs for the park.
Phone: 845-457-4900

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

moiraistyx Used To Live Here!

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Have you been to Middletown?