"GATHERING WATER" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Local Custom Tip by DAO
Africa Local Customs: 97 reviews and 215 photos
If you really want to see and understand the real Africa, you need to get up early and get onto the road. Many people live in homes without running water. So every morning you have to get up early and take a large plastic container and walk to the village well. Then you have to carry this now very heavy container back to the house. OK, that?s the morning bath. What about dishes? Laundry? Baths for others? Children learn this endless daily routine and literally carry this lesson through life. It?s not easy. So get out on that road and appreciate how life is not easy, but you can still always get a smile and a wave.
More Reviews (395)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All RETURN GLASS BOTTLES
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels