"Kauai by air" Helicopters Tours Tip by ballerina11

Helicopters Tours, Kauai: 18 reviews and 50 photos

I was weary at first, too, but believe me when I say that a helicopter ride is the best thing you can do on Kauai. Since most of the island is inaccessibe by car, its the only way to really appreciate the Garden Isle and its lush beauty. You literally get to see the entire island -- Waimea Canyon, Napali Coast, tons and tons and tons of waterfalls, rivers, mountains, etc. It can be pricey, around $220 per ticket, but oh so worth it. We used Jack Harter helicopters. Though we were a little scared seeing the office, which looked more like a run down shack on the side of the road, we were blown away by the tour. We read that they were the best, so we went with them -- but there are tons of different companies. Our pilot was so informative, narrating throughout the entire 60 min trip. We got lucky enough to sit up front, so I have amazing pictures and even more amazing memories of the ride.

Directions: Most take off in the Lihue area, because of the airport, but there are some on the north shore as well.

• Written Feb 27, 2008