"The Music Center" Top 5 Page for this destination Walt Disney Concert Hall Tip by GracesTrips

Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles: 14 reviews and 22 photos

The Music Center comprises of several theaters including the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson Theatre and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. All located within walking distance of each other. In fact, the underground parking connects all the venues together. So, last night I saw my first opera, Otello. I happen to notice during the first intermission a business associate but in deep conversation, I didn't want to bother him. I called him this morning and he had been to several operas and he said this one was one of the better operas he has attended. The show began at 7:30pm as indicated on the ticket. But (I guess you just have to know this), at 6:30pm was a pre-show, an explanation of operas if you will, that I found very helpful in understanding why operas tend to follow the same format. Another thing, attending the opera is not cheap! Orchestra seats at the Dorothy Chandler row P cost $200 per person.

Address: Grand and 1st Avenues
Directions: Exit Grand Avenue from the 101 Freeway and go south. Exit 3rd Street from the 110 Freeway go east and then north on Grand Avenue.
Phone: 213.972.7211
Website: http://www.musiccenter.org/

• Updated Sep 20, 2015

GracesTrips Lives Here!

“So many places, so little time.....”

Have you been to Los Angeles?