UPDATE: Sadly this wonderful restaurant has closed. Sadly still, many bad ones are still open.

If you do not want to travel all the way to Ethiopia, then come here for the most authentic Ethiopian food in London. I was immediately made to feel very welcome in this tasteful decorated restaurant. Service is friendly and immediate. I had the mixed dish platter and can honestly say each separate dish was from the freshest ingredients and had maximum flavour. A complete 10 out of 10. They even have cold St. George?s beer imported from Addis Ababa. If you like Ethiopian food you will love it here. If you have not previously tried Ethiopian food, come here first.

Please note, that this restaurant is know called the Nile Restaurant and is getting ready to expand their menu to include Somali and other international dishes and desserts.

Favorite Dish:

"Marhabarowi". Well, that's how I say it. Just asked for the mixed dish (pictured). You get a selection of Ethiopian dishes. Yum.

Please note: This used to be called the Axum Restaurant for 10 years and comes up under this name in most internet searches.

Address: 266 Wandsworth Road, Vauxhall, London, SW8 2JR
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 6 minute walk from Stockwell Tube Station
Phone: 020 7622 0455
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: African

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Feb 18, 2016

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Good tip DAO, Sorry to tell you this one is closed now. It was replaced by Ali Baba Frypan Grill, but that has closed too.

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:41 AM

I watched the video twice and still didn't get the meaning of fair dinkum. I had to look it up. I doubt that I'd ever get the idea of slang from Australia or England. Actually, I'm not even good with American slang. LOL!!

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Thanks LOL! I did get that once I looked it up.

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to London?