For Sale: "Country restaurant" For Sale Tip by Gypsystravels

For Sale, Budapest: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Exterior of the restaurant

Exterior of the restaurant
    by Gypsystravels
      Cozy table with peanuts and candle
    by Gypsystravels
      My dinner, chicken with garlic mash
    by Gypsystravels
      Straw with peanut shells on the floor
      For Sale Sign
    by Gypsystravels

I was on my way back to the hotel and decided I needed to get something to eat before it got too late. Just a few blocks from my hotel and across from Central Market was this restaurant/pub. I took a peek in and noticed that the place was crowded with what seemed like locals, the restaurant?s menu was quite extensive and there was a band playing some Jazz, so I decided to have dinner here.

The first thing about this restaurant that will strike you as strange are all the business cards, notes and pictures of the many patrons who have dined here and straw on the ground. There are two levels for dinning or drinking and I was seated upstairs. The waiter was quite friendly and very attentive. There was a large group of Brits sitting next to me and the rest of the restaurant was full of couples.

On the table was a candle and a basket of peanuts. I wasn?t quite sure what to do with the shells until I saw everyone tossing them on the ground. They replenish the peanuts quite often, but I wasn?t about to spoil my meal.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the grilled chicken with garlic mashed potatoes with a side garden salad along with a Hungarian beer.

Address: Vamhaz korut, 2,
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: District V
Phone: 36 1 267 0276
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Feb 27, 2008

Comments

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Budapest?