"The Chartreuse Cellars: religion and ...liqueur" Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Things to Do Tip by vinc_bilb
Grenoble Things to Do: 110 reviews and 149 photos
One of the largest liqueur cellar in the world ! Interesting and original visit that I recommend, covering the Chartreuse Order, the distilleries and economic activities. The distillerie is located in Voiron since 1935.
- Liquors : Description of the many Chartreuse liqueurs made by the Carthusian Monks
- History : A chronicle of the 900-years of the Carthusian Monks and the secret manuscript that became Chartreuse Liqueur.
- Tourist Information : tour and 3D MOVIE
- Museum of La Grande Chartreuse (not at the same place): Information about the Monastery, the daily life of the monks and the nine hundred year history of the Carthusians.
Guided tours of the cellars are free and include a complimentary liqueur tasting.
Address: Chartreuse Diffusion 10, Bv. Kofler 38500 Voiron
Directions: Located in Voiron, in the heart of the French Alps,between the Chartreuse and Vercors mountain ranges
30 kms north from Grenoble (by train, car or bus) - follow "Lyon" direction
Phone: (33) 4.76.05.81.77
Website: http://www.chartreuse.fr/ (English)
More Things to Do in Grenoble (6)
More Reviews (9)
- See All The best sporting good chain store in...
- Weather and forecast
- Catching the wild Dahu is ...
- Maps, brochures
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
Have you been to Grenoble?Share Your Travels