Shoreline Cafe: "2 Oceans Aquarium" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Restaurant Tip by jo104

Cape Town Restaurants: 329 reviews and 366 photos

Chicken curry
by jo104

I was at the waterfront with my dad to look for gifts to take back home for friends, and my fathers clock struck lunchtime. He raved about the 2 Oceans Aquarium restaurant having been satisfied on a previous visit. It is a bit of a walk away from the main V&A drag but not much.

I must say when we were seated I was a bit dubious about all the children in the restaurant - so yes it is a very child friendly place and they have a childrens menu. We ordered a chicken curry which came with sambals of a tomato and onion salad, sour cream, chutney and a roti (sort of pancake) the curry itself was served in a separate bowl which I found a bit messy to tip onto the plate to eat with the rice. The curry was quite tangy and it was a very adequate portion although my dad had previously been given a much bigger bowl of the salad so he felt sort changed.

I am not sure that I would visit the Shorline cafe again partly due to the rowdy children but also because service was extremely slow.

Address: Dock Road, V&A Waterfront
Comparison: about average
Phone: +27 (0) 21 418 3823
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Other

• Written Feb 20, 2008

Comments

jo104 Was Born Here!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Have you been to Cape Town?