"Diverse Heritage - Mavrogheni Church" Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Things to Do Tip by Romanian_Bat
Bucharest Things to Do: 768 reviews and 1,773 photos
Voyevode Nicolae Voda Mavrogheni had this church built in 1787, at the Northern end of Podul Mogosoaiei (the actual Calea Victoriei), and he had it submitted to Ecaton Dapiliani Monastery of Paros Island (which was his birthplace). It was damaged by the earthquake of 1838 and then restored in 1847. The church used to be part of a wider monastery. Near the church there used to exist 3 windmills, especially used in winter, when the watermills on Dambovita River could not work with the frozen water. The windmills used to stand on the place of the actual Peasant Museum.
Address: on Monetariei Street, North of the Peasant Museum
More Things to Do in Bucharest (124)
More Reviews (69)
- See All No go restaurants in Bucharest
- See All The Best Conference Area in Town
- See All Different rooms and mixed crowds
- See All Old Books, Music and Art
- See All The Bucharest Driver (TM) - Lawless...
- See All Cycling through Bucharest
Romanian_Bat's Related Pages
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels