"Diverse Heritage - The White Church(Biserica Alba)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Things to Do Tip by Romanian_Bat
Bucharest Things to Do: 766 reviews and 1,771 photos
The church was built at the beginning of the 18th century by Priest Neagu Darvas, being repaired and restored many times ever since. Its name is due to the fact that its walls were always painted in white. In 1873 Gheorghe Tattarescu painted its interiors. The iconostasis is remarkable; it was brought here from Episcopiei Church that used to exist on the actual site of the Romanian Athenaeum. It was carved in wood in Venice, at the request of Mihail Cantacuzino.
Address: On Calea Victoriei, opposite the Radisson Sas
More Things to Do in Bucharest (124)
More Reviews (69)
- See All No go restaurants in Bucharest
- See All The Best Conference Area in Town
- See All Different rooms and mixed crowds
- See All Old Books, Music and Art
- See All The Bucharest Driver (TM) - Lawless...
- See All Cycling through Bucharest
Romanian_Bat's Related Pages
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels