"First European Hotel Experience" Huttons Hotel Tip by tickytock

Huttons Hotel, London: 1,225 reviews and 1 photos

This was the first hotel I staved in on my first-ever trip to Europe- was there for approximately three nights. The room in which I stayed (with three travel companions) contained four single beds, three dressers and two radiators, all crammed into one smallish room. It was definately cozy- too cozy, I would say, considering the amount of luggage some of us decided to bring. To access the bed furthest away from the door, one would have to make three giant leaps over the first three beds, all the while attempting not to squish any of the luggage or bags on the floor. Not that i'm complaining: it was a real bonding experience for all of us and we all got a lot closer over thoses few days.

The bathroom was an honest laugh for us... it looked almost as though the architects had run out of room and had simply decided to put the toilet on the inside of the shower. The whole shebang took up at most, twelve feet squared. Although on the plus side (and for me, this is a MAJOR plus), they had amazingly fluffy towels and not only that, but there were enough for all of us.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel, I would not stop you- except to say that you should NOT get a room on the first floor. Ours was, and it had two windows which you could easily see through from the street. Since the drapes in our room were sheer and fairly easy to see through, we felt very exposed as we slept. I would either recommend a) getting a room on a higher floor, or b) asking for more sheets at the front desk, so as to further cover the windows.

Unique Qualities: THE GOOD: breakfast included. access to payphone. able to have a nice pee at the same time you took a shower. nice towels. good location at an amazingly cheap price. close to tube station.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: the small size. being able to be seen by random passers-by as you slept. tripping over the toliet as you washed your hair.

The included breakfast consisted of bacon, sausages (no good for me, I'm a vegetarian), lumpy cold eggs and toast. the toast were actually pretty good, but having a slice of toast and a cup of tea for breakfast resulted in me going all hobbit-style and resorting to eating "second breakfast" a few hours later. But what can you expect really- it was free after all.

Address: 53/55/57 Belgrave Road, , London SW1V 2BB
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Borough of Westminster
othercontact: Fax: +44 (0) 20 7834 3389
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7834 3726
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.huttons-hotel.co.uk

• Written Feb 15, 2008

Comments

tickytock

“"there are no foreign lands; it is only the traveller who is foreign"”

Ranked Member