Trattoria Trullo: "New Lincoln Square Trattoria" Top 5 Page for this destination Trattoria Roma - Closed Tip by deecat

Trattoria Roma - Closed, Chicago: 3 reviews and 9 photos

Jill Enjoying lunch at Trattoria Trullo
      Jill Enjoying lunch at Trattoria Trullo
      Calamari Fritti
      Insalata Caprese
      Spumoni [Trullo Style]
  • Cappuccino - Chicago
    by deecat

Be sure to see the four hidden photos to see some of the foods we enjoyed.

On a cold weekday in late January, 2008, my husband Allan and daughter Jill and I went out for lunch because we wished to try one of the newest restaurants in the Lincoln Square area in Chicago. This Italian restaurant is called Trattoria Trullo [named after a style of home in the southern part of Italy in Alberobello].

We ate in the front portion of the restaurant known as the "Cafe". The main restaurant is toward the back of the area and is huge. We sat near the front windows which looks out on the quaint Lincoln Square shopping area.

We used the Cafe Menu, which is less extension than the dinner menu. During lunch, they offer Appetizers, Salads, Pasta and Rice dishes,Paninis, desserts, and drinks. This part of the restaurant also has a Pugliese Deli It offers an assortment of Southern Italian Specialties that can be taken home such as Olives, Vinegars, Sliced Meats, Olive Oils, Breads, Pastas and Half Price Wines.

Favorite Dish: Allan and Jill shared for an appetizer a dish called Calamari Fritti which fried squid that is served with a spicy tomato sauce. All three of us ordered salads. Jill ordered Insalata Caprese [Sliced tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella Cheese, and Basil with Extra virgin Olive Oil with a Balsamic Syrup]. She raved about it and finished all of it. See extra photos

Allan ordered the Insalata Trullo [Organic Mixed Green Salad, Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, Aged Ricotta Salata Cheese, and Homemade Trullo Dressing. He, too, was quited delighted.

I only wanted salad for lunch so I ordered as my main dish the Insalata Romana [Hearts of Romaine, Shaved Parmesan Cheese, Herbed Croutons, and Caesar Dressing. In my estimation, it was quite good.

Allan and Jill shared what was called Cavatelli Crudaiola [Homemade Cavatelli Pasta in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, and Pulp of Fresh Tomato and Basil topped with Arugula and Ricotta Forte They both enjoyed it.

Of course, the meal came with delicious breads [Ciabatta/Foccacia/French/Whole Wheat}. We all three devoured it!

I had one of the most delicious Cappuccinos ever [see extra photo]. Allan had gelato as fancy as can be [see extra pictures]. I enjoyed Terrimisu.

We're excited about returning for a lovely dinner soon.

Address: 4767 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 773-506-0093
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated Feb 11, 2008

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?