"Pigeons and the Yeni Camii Square" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili Things to Do Tip by June.b

Istanbul Ili Things to Do: 154 reviews and 562 photos

That is, if you have the time. The most amazing things about having the time is that you have have the opportunity to appreciate the small things that nature has to offer which on normal occasions you may never even notice.

I walked from Gulhane where I was staying to the Eminonu ferry port but I did not cross the pedestrian bridge which I normally do to cross the Galata Bridge. I strolled onto the side where I want to really get a close-up view of the huge mosque that I always see whenever I take ferries.

So it was the Yeni Camii or New Mosque. I went in and out of the mosque. Exiting from the main gate facing the plaza, I was captivated by the sight of hundreds or thousands of birds or pigeons flying around, most of them at the entrance of the mosque. Though the thought of bird?s flu immediately came to mind, the pretty sight in front of me wiped away the thought adding to that the kids playing with the birds, transforming the sight into an art in motion. I dunno? am not an artist, just admiring.

Directions: Get down at Eminonu tram station

• Updated Feb 9, 2008

June.b Visits Here Frequently!

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Istanbul Ili?