Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine: "Beautiful Food" Foster City Restaurant Tip by Callavetta

Foster City Restaurants: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I first became aware of Sweet Basil when they left a flyer on my front door; "Free Delivery". My recent addiction to Thai food took us to try the restaurant this week. My first reaction was; how much we would miss if we had this food delivered!

I'm quite sure that they don't deliver the food to your house with the same style as they achieve in the restaurant. The food is simply beautiful. Our shrimp rolls, deep fried marinated jumbo shrimp wrapped in wonton skins were elegantly served standing up in a cute little dish, with a platter of shredded vegetables, fried noodles, and two delicious sauces. Dancing Prawns were huge shrimp stuffed with crab meat again beautifully arranged on arty dinnerware with more spun vegetables (I've never seen a string of carrot peel so long - maybe 3 feet!

The platter of Pad Thai that we shared was very good but maybe not as spicy as I would have liked. But I definitely will return and probably will have it again!

Have you noticed that as a VTer, the first thing you think of when your food comes to the table is "darn, where's my camera!" This was an occasion where pictures definitely would have been good.

Sweet Basil is in a unimpressive strip mall at the edge of town. The mall is full of many different Asian style businesses. I hope that the restaurant can be successful because I'd hate to not be able to go there! While we were there it did fill up (on a Wednesday night), so maybe my concerns are unwarranted.

I should add that service was very good and the staff was delightful.

Favorite Dish: Sweet Basil has 81 items on the menu, not counting desserts! I think we will have to return many times to determine which is our favorite.

Address: 1457 Beack Park Drive, Foster City
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In a strip mall just adjacent to the Bay.
Phone: 650-212-5788
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Have you been to Foster City?