"Round Table Pizza (Alvarado St) - Old Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos

Round Table, downtown Monterey locations

Round Table, downtown Monterey locations
      Round Table Pizza in nearby Pacific Grove
      Round Table Pizza in nearby Pacific Grove
    by Ewingjr98

Round Table is one of the most famous names in Pizza in California and nearby states. On the Monterey Peninsula we have two Round Table locations (Pacific Grove and downtown Monterey) plus restaurants in nearby Seaside, Marina, Castroville, and Salinas. You will see a ton of Round Table advertising around here, so they obviously sell a lot of pizzas.

After a year and a half in California, I finally decided to try my first pizza from Round Table. We checked out their website and were interested in their specialty pizzas... I like meat and Laura liek Hawaiian-style, so we order a large that was half of their so-called "Maui-Zaui" and half "Smokhouse Combo." Unfortunately their website doesn't list prices, so I was a bit surprised when they told me my one pizza would be around $25 plus tip... almost double what you'd normally pay around here for a large pizza.

Well, it arrived in about 30 minutes and it was pretty good. Both halves of the pizza were a little light on sauce, but full of flavor. I really enjoyed the smokehouse pizza with its sausage, tomatoes, onions, and a light coating of sweet BBQ sauce. Laura was not as impressed with their version of the Hawaiian pizza, so I had to finish it for her.

All in all, it was pretty good pizza, but way too expensive. I hear they have good lunch specials, salad bar, and sandwiches, so I might have to try one of these next time and save some money!

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Alvarado Street in downtown Monterey, and on the hill in Pacific Grove next to Safeway Supermarket.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Pizza
Website: http://www.roundtablepizza.com

• Updated Jan 31, 2008

Comments

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Monterey?