"Kaisergruft - The emperors tombs" Top 5 Page for this destination Kapuzinergruft Tip by Fam.Rauca
Kapuzinergruft, Vienna: 16 reviews and 40 photos
The emperors’ tomb is placed into the underground part of the Kapuzienerkirche.
It was made after the order of the emperor Matthias in the year 1619.
Here, there are 138 Habsburgs.
Here, you can see the tombs of important emperors: Maria Theresa and of her husband Franz I, the emperor Franz Joseph, the empress Elisabeth, the crown prince Rudolf, and the last empress of Austria, Zita, that died in year 1989.
The tombs are surrounded of many sculptures and statues that have a historic and artistic value.
Address: Tegethohhstraße 2, Vienna
Directions: the tombs of all austrian emperors
More Things to Do in Vienna (39)
More Reviews (65)
- See All Stadtpark (The City Park) in Summer
- See All A splendid, aristocratic hotel in Vienna
- Ice-skating in front of the Vienna's...
- See All Fischspezialitäten - Orth an der Donau
- See All Monuments in the city park
Fam.Rauca's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels