"DON'T STAY HERE!!!" CLOSED - The Canal Street Hotel New Orleans French Quarter Tip by carmen_lambert

The hotel was horrible. The lobby is amazing, but once you get past that it is nasty and it smells. We requested two double beds and was put in a room with one. Several other people were having this problem at the time we were checking in. They double charged me. I paid cash the night we checked in and my credit card was billed TWO DAYS after we checked out. Sounds like they have an employee that likes to steal. Every time I call to ask them about it, no one seems to be able to help me. A manager's manager was suppose to call me yesturday and I haven't heard from anyone. I have also sent TWO e-mails and neither have been responded to. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. It has been the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is now called just Canal Street Hotel. Please for your own good, DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Unique Qualities: No pool, no view, slow plumbing. They say it has been very recently rennovated. I wouldn't have paid for those rennovations. I will be honest the lobby is outstanding.

Address: 1630 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70112
Directions: It is about five blocks to bourbon street.
Phone: 504-586-0110
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to New Orleans?