"the glowing Frauenkirche was calling" Altstadt (Old Town) Tip by richiecdisc

Altstadt (Old Town), Dresden: 17 reviews and 24 photos

the glowing Frauenkirche was calling
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: I walked around the lake looking for the perfect angle never meaning to go further but as I did I found myself heading towards the Zwinger itself and found it basking in warm hues. I found myself in the Zwinger, on the upper levels of the Zwinger snapping away in no time. From that vantage point I noticed the Frauenkirche starting to glow and reasoned it wasn?t too far either. I made my way over there and found it in a light I?d never seen before, warm and glorious. I snapped away and made my way back via the river to the place I was let off. As I got close I saw D?s mother searching frantically for me and soon she was reprimanding me not so much for taking so long but for not bringing my jacket. She didn?t realize that wearing a hat and many layers of thermals I was certainly much warmer than her! Back at the car she calmed down and surprisingly my wife was not upset. She knew me well and could tell by my smiling face I had gotten what I wanted. She slyly asked if I?d gotten some good photos. She knew I had but I still said yes, oh, and thank you. After seeing the photos that night, she said thank you too. I had finally captured her city, something to help keep it in her heart when apart.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jan 22, 2008

Comments

richiecdisc Visits Here Frequently!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Dresden?