Treehouse Italian Grill: "Italian off S. Congress" Tree House Italian Grill -CLOSED Tip by tee0206

Treehouse Italian Grill is a cute, little Italian place just off South Congress. The food is delicious. The ambience tries to be slightly upscale with the white tablecloths and candles, but this is Austin, and there are few truly upscale places (i.e. the Driskill Grill). There's a patio for outdoor dining. If it's cold, the patio is heated. Though the restaurant is cute, there are some cheesy decorations. Think Las Vegas' The Venetian hotel on a much smaller scale. It's an interesting contrast to the white tablecloths and candles. Once you try the food, though, you'll forget all about the decor. It's very good. However, the servers (or maybe just our server) seem a little peeved if you don't order wine, appetizer, salad, and dessert with your entree (well, my friend is an administrative assistant and I'm an entry-level business analyst, so we can't quite afford to spend $40+ on dinner when we're practically living paycheck-by-paycheck!).

Favorite Dish: My friend and I both ordered veal, which was delicious. Try it.

Address: 2201 College Ave., Austin, TX 78704
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Live Oak, just east of South Congress Ave.
Phone: (512) 443-4200
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Italian

• Written Jan 21, 2008

Comments

tee0206 Lives Here!

Have you been to Austin?