Katia`s Russian Tea Room: "Russian restaurant" Katia`s A Russian Tea Room Tip by sunshine9689

This place would get 3 stars from me, if it was not for a very slow service. I mean, really slow!!!
It is a small restaurant that has only 1 waiter and few people in the kitchen, but still, customers should not wait 1 hour for a bowl of soup!!!
The food was just OK, nothing special. I guess I am a bit picky here, cause I am used to a very tasty Russian food.

PRICES: It was not cheap. Beet soup (borsch) was $5 and Stuffed Cabbage entree was something like $14.50. Glass of Georgian wine was $6.50.

On weekends they open only for dinner - from 5pm till 9pm. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and serve lunch on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 11.3am and 2.30pm.

ADVICE:You should only go to this place, if you have plenty of time and small group of people. Nine of us spend 2 hours waiting for all of our food to come.

Favorite Dish: Borsch soup and Napoleon cake.

Address: 600 5th avenue, San Fransicso
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Richmond area. Intersection of 5th and Balboa street.
Phone: 415 668 9292
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 2
Theme: Diner
Website: http://www.katias.com/

• Updated Jan 20, 2008

sunshine9689 Lives Here!

“Everything you have seen, every flower, every bird, every rock, will turn to dust, but that you have seen them will not”

Have you been to San Francisco?