VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Omnitsky Kosher Deli: "For a great Montreal-style smoked meat sandwich" Omnitsky Kosher Deli Tip by Jefie

Omnitsky Kosher Deli, Vancouver: 1 reviews and 0 photos

Road work on Cambie St. forced us to walk by this great little deli on our way to Oakridge Centre. The "Montreal-style smoked meat" sign caught our attention, and we decided to give it a try. As it turns out, this might be the best smoked meat sandwich I've ever had outside of Montreal! The meat was lean and smoked to perfection, and our sandwiches came with a side of delicious potato salad. Even if I was full after half my sandwich, I just couldn't stop eating! So although it might not look like much from the outside, if you ever happen to be in the Oakridge area, I highly recommend stopping by Omnitsky Kosher Deli.

Closed on Saturdays.

Favorite Dish: Gotta go with the smoked meat sandwich!

Address: 5866 Cambie Street
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Located in the Oakridge area, in front of Oakridge Centre (near the corner of 41st St).
Phone: 604-321-1818
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Kosher/Halal

• Updated Jan 20, 2008

Comments

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Have you been to Vancouver?