VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Spicy tour One of the..." Tanzania Things to Do Tip by titti

Tanzania Things to Do: 300 reviews and 506 photos

<font color='#CC0000' size='3'><b>Spicy tour</b></font><p>
One of the purposes of my trip to Zanzibar was to see a clove plantations. Why? When I was a child I spent hours dissecting carnations and carnation stalks, in order to discover how cloves grow. Why? Because in Italy cloves are called “chiodi di garofano”, literally: “nails of carnation”… stange. As an adult I simple pretended not be interested in solving the problem any more. But every time I smelled that scent … I could see a young titti looking deeply into carnations mystery … So, when I heard about Zanzibar as the land of clove plantations I thought: “I must go and see…”. As soon as I arrived in Stone Town I asked for a “spicy tour”, a tour around spices plantations. That morning I was so excited: the mystery was going to be solved! In the pic you can see a clove tree. Unfortunately you can’t smell … Every single part of that tree contain eugenol, the smelling oil, but “cloves” are hidden in a small purple juicy fruit. I had purple hands for a week....and the smell ...</font>

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Comments

titti

“PEACEPEACEPEACEPEACE”

Have you been to Tanzania?