"Qatar Airways: You are on your own." Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Transportation Tip by Maxus

Sri Lanka Transportation: 197 reviews and 206 photos

I went from Heathrow to Sri Lanka (via Doha) with Qatar Airways in December 2008 and I can honestly say that I have never had a worse service from any organisation in my entirely adult life. My expectations are not high, I fly regularly and I know luggage can go astray but mine wasn?t lost, my friends in England found it for me, it was sat at Heathrow waiting for someone from Qatar to pick it up. Despite spending the first week of my holiday doing nothing but visiting Qatar Airways office in Colombo and making literally dozens of phone calls to their offices in Colombo, at the airport, in Qatar and in London nobody from Qatar would even admit it was anything to do with them, let alone do anything about it. For a week I could not persuade anyone to telephone London (that's not my job sir) Incidentally, I went business class, god alone knows how they treat their economy customers.

My warning is this, if you go with Qatar Airways and anything goes wrong, trying to get any help or advice from the airline staff is a complete waste of time, individuals are scared to ring their superior with a problem, they cannot get rid of you quickly enough and even put the phone down on me. One man told me he was too tired to call London because he had got up early that morning. In the end I had to turn to a competitor airline (Sri Lankan) for help before my luggage arrived. I have made a complaint to Qatar but got a curt email in reply.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane

• Updated Oct 8, 2009

Maxus Visits Here Frequently!

“Respect (and if in doubt have another banana)”

Have you been to Sri Lanka?