"The dragon fruit, one emblem of Viet Nam" Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Things to Do Tip by kokoryko

Hanoi Things to Do: 984 reviews and 2,248 photos

THE dragon fruit
      THE dragon fruit
      Dragon and other fruits
      Buy my fruits
      Strange fishes
      Spices and herbs
    by kokoryko

Stop me please! I am posting more and more stuffs about the markets; there is not only that in Hanoi; let me present you the Dragon Fruit on the main picture; I have no I dea why it is called like that. This fruit is not very sweet, has a very subtle taste, and a bit a spongy consistence. It is very good at breakfast; its flesh is white and lots of black seeds (you do not feel when eating, so small they are!) spot its flesh, giving a grey colour from far. It has a strange funny shape and colour, I think.
The dragon fruits were somewhere in the old city on a street market, like here with the ladies and their baskets on picture3; the shops sometimes extend onto the street, here(picture 4) with sweets, but it could be anything, and sometimes you step over living fishes looking like electrical fishes (imagine eating electricity!!), and eels (they look less ugly than in Grass?s description in his Tin Drum where they swarm around in a calf?s skull!).
So I stop with the markets, Let?s go for other things to look at!

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jan 19, 2008

“Il me plait de courir sans but et sans raison . . . .”

Have you been to Hanoi?