"Don't get lost in the maze!" Hampton Court, Palace & Gardens Tip by christine.j

Hampton Court, Palace & Gardens, London: 71 reviews and 127 photos

When I used to take my children/niece/nephew to London they all liked to go to Hampton Court, to the maze there.
It's an easy journey, just about 30 minutes by train and a very short walk to the palace.The castle is supposed to be haunted, but we've never seen any ghosts.

The gardens are wonderful, but the best part is the maze.Over three hundred years old, this is a real maze for adults, not an easy one where any adult can just look over the hedges. We always made sure we stayed together and had great fun trying to find the centre first and then trying to find the exit again. Even though I had been in there a few times, I still got completely lost again the next time I went. We encountered a few people who were afraid, surprisingly more adults than children. One poor woman was actually crying.

To celebrate your success of finding out again, you can go to one of the cafés in the park.

The tickets for palace,gardens and maze are not cheap, especially when you are several people in your group ,but there are also tickets for the maze only.

Address: East Molesey, KT8 9AU
Directions: Network Rail from Waterloo to Hampton Court
Phone: 0 20 8781 9500
Website: http://www.hrp.org.uk/HamptonCourtPalace/

• Written Jan 18, 2008

Comments

christine.j Visits Here Frequently!

christine.j

“there's so much to see and learn”

Have you been to London?