Sunny Point Cafe and Bakery: "It's Worth the Wait" Asheville Restaurant Tip by Deborahtnc

Asheville Restaurants: 86 reviews and 84 photos

This eatery in West Asheville is unique and delicious. Easy to get to, it is parking challenged but do not let that deter you. Walk a block or wait for a place nearby. They do not take reservations but take my word for it., put your name on the list and wait! In the summer you can sit outdoors in the yard. I last went there on New Years Day and it was cool and windy. They took my cell phone number to call me when our table was ready. There was hot coffee outside to sip while we waited and while some waited in their cars, the more hardy of us stood in the winter sun and braved the breeze while sipping our coffee. We waited about 30-45 minutes and then were seated at a somewhat cramped table. (Well, there were 8 of us!) The restaurant is small for the amount of customers but the service is so good and the ambiance so friendly that once you are seated you forget all discomfort. I have yet to taste the bakery items...this is something to look forward to if the quality of their biscuits is any indication. We had Mimosas to greet the New Year and everyone (yes everyone!!) was happy with their meal.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast salad. OMG!!! The food here is so good! The Breakfast Salad is really a spinach (or whatever green they have) salad wiith the most delicious, large chunks of the most wonderful bacon and 1 (or 2?) EGGS on it...however you like them...I have over medium. The dressing is...superlative. There are the best biscuits with it. I also like the huevos rancheros...lots of different flavors. The coffee is good, too.

Address: 626 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: West Asheville, off 240. Do not confuse Haywood Rd. with Haywood St, which is downtown. This is West Asheville. Not much parking but you might get lucky. You can drive there from downtown to avoid the interstate. It is a nice drive, get a map
Phone: 828-252-0055
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Breakfast
Website: http://www.sunnypointcafe.com

• Updated Dec 7, 2009

Comments

Deborahtnc Visits Here Frequently!

Deborahtnc

“Smile & nod”

Have you been to Asheville?