"Good Service for Disabled in the Botanic Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Favorite Tip by Kakapo2
Christchurch General: 105 reviews and 132 photos
Favorite thing: -
Just the other day I spotted a good service in the Botanic Garden. In front of the Information Centre (which is near the carpark, from Armagh Street & Rolleston Avenue, not near the main entrance on Rolleston Ave, opposite the Arts Centre) there are quite a lot of those wheelchair-like electric scooters.
You can borrow them for free, just phone 941 8888.
People use them a lot, sometimes they are all rolling around in the Gardens. So it makes sense to book one beforehand if you know that you would like to visit the Gardens on a Sunday or other peak times. Sometimes people can still walk a bit but not for hours. So this service gives them the possibility to enjoy this wonderful part of the city.
More General in Christchurch (27)
More Reviews (216)
- See All The new after-quake double-decker city...
- See All Local transport after the earthquakes
- See All Pure indulgence
- See All Scared Scriptless comedy show
- See All Accommodation after the February...
- See All Christchurch Heroes
- See All Tour Buses are no Banksafes
- See All Mountain Biking in the Port Hills on a...
- See All Succulent Steaks and Divine Desserts
- See All A new Maori Experience on the Styx River
- See All KoTane have found a new Source of Income
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
Kakapo2's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels