"Photo Shop in Montmartre" Top 5 Page for this destination Franprix Tip by BeatChick

Franprix, Paris: 3 reviews and 6 photos

Photo Caulaincourt - Par l'Objet across the street
      Photo Caulaincourt - Par l'Objet across the street
      Mme Marie-Christine Langou - Photo Caulaincourt
    by BeatChick

When my batteries died in Montmartre (due to the cold weather), I was frantic to find a photo shop! We decided to hunt for a Leader-Price or a Franprix, when luckily we spied a Kodak sign as we came around the corner from rue des Saules (we'd just taken photos of St-Vincent cemetery & rue St-Vincent).

The proprietor, Mme Marie-Christine Langou (née Fontaine), quickly found the inexpensive batteries I required and then struck up a conversation with us (in French). She was a joy to talk to and I will definitely be back for assistance in the future!

What to buy: This shop is classified as a "Laboratoires de développement et de tirage" (film development lab and printing), so one could procure all the photography accoutrements one requires as well as having photos developed here!

Photos: November 2007

What to pay: I paid a comparable amount for the batteries as I would've at Leader-Price (where I'd already purchased some batteries) - 2-3? for 4 AA batteries.

Address: 98, rue Caulaincourt 75018 Paris
Directions: On the corner of rues Caulaincourt and Lucien Gaulard.

Métro: Lamarck-Caulaincourt

Phone: 01 42 52 51 31
Theme: Computers and Electronics

• Updated Jan 14, 2008

BeatChick Visits Here Frequently!

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Paris?