"a cosy place in the medina" Riad Dar Tinmel Tip by call_me_rhia

our little sofa
  • patio - Marrakesh
      in the bathroom
    by call_me_rhia

What a lovely little riad in the medina - a real riad, with only four rooms and a young moroccan couple living there... it must be one of the few locally-owned riads in Marrakech. We paid 37 euros a night for the room, and it included a yumy and big breakfast. Oh, we had a little sofa too in the room.

Unique Qualities: We had their cheapest room , which was the only one left... and which was also meant to be the least attractive. As soon as we were shown our room, on the ground floor, on the patio, we fell in love with it... so warm and nicely decorated. We had a most comfortable bed, a private bathrrom (sadly with no hot water) and the riad itself is very quiet... we heard no sound.

Speaking about sounds... it took us a couple of days to figure out why this place was so silent except for some birds singing only for very shorts periods at a time, and only occasionally - and often in the evening before dinner or late-ish at night... it turned out that the couple had decided not to place a noisy bell on the riad, but chose a more discreet one with singing birds... which meant that no birds were singing, it was people returning to their room.

Address: Rue riad Zitoune Lakdim, Derb Lakhdar no 7
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: in the medina
othercontact: info@dartamlil.com
Phone: 00212 24 39.02.01
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse
Website: http://www.dartamlil.com/

• Written Jan 12, 2008

“... traveling is not a destination ...”

Have you been to Marrakesh?