taverne du dauphin: "the most perfect meal" Top 5 Page for this destination Casablanca Restaurant Tip by call_me_rhia

Casablanca Restaurants: 35 reviews and 64 photos

entree...

entree...
      sardines
      octopus galician style
    by call_me_rhia

It has not only the best meal we had in Morocco, but the best meal we've had in years. The Taverne du Dauphin is now one of our three favourite restaurants in the world. This restaurant has been around a very long time and it has a great reputation, which means that it is often full (so phone ahead and reserve a table). it is French-run, but luckily it has not been influenced by the "cover-it-in-sauce" posh French cuisine.

Favorite Dish: We had so many different dishes, and all were delicious, that it's hard to pick one. Some things we ordered - some otherthings were ordered for us by some friendly Moroccans at the nearby table - yes, the same ones who tried to drink us under the table by offering us glasses of wine galore (tahnk you, guys...).

Anyway - the seafood was all excellent, in particular the "couteau de mer" - among the second courses it's worth citing a dreamy octopus cooked in galician style and some simple grilled sardines... but grilled to perfection. We kept saying that we had been fed like king and queen

Address: 115, bd Houphouet Boigny
Comparison: about average
Directions: in the new town, not far from the port
othercontact: dauphin_r@menara.ma
Phone: +212.(0).22.22.12.00
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.taverne-du-dauphin.ma

• Written Jan 12, 2008

More Restaurants in Casablanca (1)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM

i'm drooling! wish i was there to enjoy the fresh urchins and oysters ;-)))

• Pomocub's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

That entree certainly looks interesting. Don't know if I would be so adventurous. Great tip though!

call_me_rhia

“... traveling is not a destination ...”

Have you been to Casablanca?