Hotel Nember in Lido di Jessolo, Venice Italy: "Great hotel for small price" Venice Hotel Tip by SylviaDeiwert

Venice Hotels: 849 reviews and 1,037 photos

Two of our good friends from the states came to visit and since this was their 20th Anniversary I wanted to give them a very romantic experience. They always wanted to see Italy but I didn't know if they had any preferences. I chose Venice as our destination because it's probably the most beautiful Italian city and very romantic.
I booked our flights through Ryan Air and paid about $450 for four adults and a toddler. The hotel I found through a website called Venere.com and looked up the guest reviews. We didn't want to spend too much on the trip and I was a little concerned as to how and what the hotel might look for the price we paid. We paid a total of $350 for two double rooms for two nights. Which comes down to $87.50 per couple per night - what a deal for Venice! The hotel turned out to be better than described in the guest reviews and the town of Jessolo is just beautiful as well as Venice itself. All in all we had a wonderful time...

Unique Qualities: Great deal for the price we paid (was 62 Euros per person in September 2007). The hotel is located not far from the beach with a beach view from every room. Rooms are small but clean with a nice size bathroom with showers and bidet.
Hotel Nember is towards the Southern end of L.Di J. and hence somewhat closer to Punta Sabbioni than hotels centred on L.Di J. Altogether an excellent place to combine a family holiday with visits to Venice.
Jessolo is about 20 minutes away from the ferry to Venice and there is a bus line going to the ferry every 30 minutes. Tickets for the bus can be purchased at the hotel and the bus stop is only feets away from the hotel. I would recomment buying the combination tickets for bus ride and all the water taxi rides in Venice. Those tickest cost around 19 Euros compared to just the bus tickets for 16 Euros.
The ferry to Venices takes about 30 minutes and is a beautiful ride with gorgeous views to the Venice skyline.
More information about the hotel and reviews can be found at Venere.com

Address: Venere.com
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: The town of Jessolo has a nice shopping mile and gives a great beach town and vacation feeling. Bikes to cruise the town can be rented at the corner from hotel Nember.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Written Jan 10, 2008

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.