"Statues (3): James Edward Fitzgerald" Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Favorite Tip by Kakapo2
Christchurch General: 108 reviews and 139 photos
Favorite thing: James Edward Fitzgerald was the first Superintendent of Canterbury from 1853 to 1857.
His statue is located in Rolleston Avenue near Cashel Street. It was donated to the Domains Board by R. E. Green in 1938.
It was sculpted in plaster by F. A. Shurrock, a prominent Christchurch artist and art teacher, and cast in bronze in England and erected in 1939.
More General in Christchurch (27)
More Reviews (216)
- See All The new after-quake double-decker city...
- See All Local transport after the earthquakes
- See All Pure indulgence
- See All Scared Scriptless comedy show
- See All Accommodation after the February...
- See All Christchurch Heroes
- See All Tour Buses are no Banksafes
- See All Mountain Biking in the Port Hills on a...
- See All Succulent Steaks and Divine Desserts
- See All A new Maori Experience on the Styx River
- See All KoTane have found a new Source of Income
Been to Christchurch?Share your travels with the world!
Kakapo2's Related Pages
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels